Tuesday, May 09, 2006

In Sickness And Health

Through Sickness...
Many studies have proven that women are generally more nurturing and more caring than men.
But this Duke University Medical Center study may throw you for a loop: When it comes to taking care of an ailing spouse, men's hearts are more into it.
As reported in the Journal of Aging and Health, researchers studied 118 couples in which one spouse was responsible for caring for the other, and they found that women had negative feelings about their sick husbands. By contrast, men were less likely to resent their wives for being ill.

Not sure where that leaves me in the scheme of things. I have no man to look after or have them look after me.
I guess I'll just resent myself for having to take care of myself. ;oP

1 Comments:

At 1:12 PM , Blogger Cadley Dad said...

It's funny, I'm the opposite, when my wife is ill I just can't be sympathetic, I do all the 'kind' things, but my hearts just not in it. I wouldn't call it resentment though.
Her Dad is a total hypochondriac (spelling!) and I suppose I think she's laying it on a bit. Oh Well, I'm not perfect after all!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home