Thursday, March 16, 2006

Question/Survey Of The Day

Do you live in the city or the country?

I live in a small rural town, population 10,000. Actually it's one of the larger towns I've lived in. I grew up in tiny village, population 323. Talk about Mayberry, it was pretty close, but I enjoyed it. Everyone knew each other and a good neighbor was always willing to lend a hand. I lived near Des Moines, Iowa's highest populated city for a few years. I hated it. It felt dangerous and impersonal to me.

4 Comments:

At 4:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Annie,
Preston where I live has around 100,000 and is the third largest city in the area, you'll probably have heard of Manchester and Liverpool, they're about 30 miles away and have 500,000 - 1,000,000 each.
If you check one of my recent blogs, I've actually lived in the same 1 mile square for all my life, only leaving for holidays and a couple of work trips.

I'd much rather live in a smaller town though, but we've become settled where we are.

How about putting some photos on your blog.

The only pictures I've seen of Iowa is Des Moines on Police, Camera, Action!

Rgds
Ian

 
At 10:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg. another comment! yea!

Me? a big city boy. Lived and/or worked in metro bay area most of my life. Currently living in a city that's not quite a million in size. I've dreamed of living in woods, but that's as far as it's gotten.

 
At 10:40 AM , Blogger Annie said...

Hi Ian,

I do have some pics of Iowa on here. You'll have to look in the DEC Archives. :o)

 
At 4:41 AM , Blogger Cadley Dad said...

Hi Annie,
yes I'd seen those before, I meant really local area pictures, street scenes, local stores, parks, that sort of thing. Although they might be mundane to you, there brand new to me!

Best Regards
Ian

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home