Saturday, January 07, 2006

Observatons From The Laundro-Mat

My weekly trip to the laundro-mat always makes for good human behavior studies. You see singles, couples, and families doing a basic, yet sort of intimate ritual.

I had a good chuckle at a recent display of human dynamics. A young woman, in her late teens or early twenties made a long, slow production of hanging her intimate apparel on the hanger bar on her laundry cart. There were thong panties and bras of many descriptions, lacy, see-through, and brightly-colored all dangling from that bar.

There were five other people in the facility, besides myself and this woman. A couple in their late twenties were there, sitting on the bench talking and looking at the free advertisment paper. Neither of them paid any attention to the young woman.

Three men men were there working on some computer maintenence system.(I know, a high-tech laundro-mat. Go figure.) They ranged in age from late twenties to mid forties. When I noticed the young woman at work, these men were already watching her. They stared at her for a short while,until she looked at them. The men looked away, then at each other and smirked.

The young woman then proceeded to roll her cart around the room, presumably looking for an empty dryer. All the while, the men watched from the corner while they acted liked the were working on the computers. After filling a dryer the woman made another pass around the room and sat down.

She got out a spiral notebook and began to write. Perhaps she was doing her own human behavior study and making notes. My guess was she writing: Dear Diary, Once again I exercised my power over men. They got off and so did I. We all lived happily ever-after.

Maybe next time I'll detail my study of the Latino family with four children under the age of six, running a circus show with laundry equipment as their props. Remember, save those quarters and keep it clean.!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home