Thursday, April 05, 2007

Say Cheese!



Smile! Did you ever have a stranger come up to you and say that? Well, I did. I was waiting in line at the bank the other day, and someone said that to me. She also added, "Things can't be that bad, can they?" Now, I wasn't feeling bad about anything – just thinking something through. But I guess I must have had a serious expression on my face.

Now, I don't think anyone can go around smiling all the time, but I've discovered that smiling can do quite a lot for you. First, it makes you more attractive. People are more drawn to others who smile, and smiling can be contagious. It also uses quite a few muscles in the face and makes you look younger. I'm all for that! Who needs a face lift when they can smile instead?

When you're stressed, you can look tired or worn down. And there again, smiling not only makes you look better, but the simple act of smiling can actually help relieve stress and lower your blood pressure. It can also boost your immune system to work better, probably because you are more relaxed. This in turn helps your body release good things like endorphins, natural painkillers, and serotonin, all of which make you feel better and raise your spirits.

Smiling can even help you be more successful. When you smile, you appear confident, and it's only natural that people react to that. When a quick smile can help boost your energy, your looks, and your confidence, there are so many reasons to smile. Why not do a smile "check" throughout the day? It will help keep your mood and energy up, where they belong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home