Friday, July 28, 2006

Strip Poker

It started as an April Fool's joke but an Irish bookmaker's proposal to hold the world's biggest strip poker contest will become reality next month.
Paddy Power floated the idea as a joke but it generated so much interest and hundreds of requests to take part that the Dublin-based company decided to organize a contest.
So next month, 200 poker buffs will risk baring all in an attempt to become the first World Strip Poker Champion -- and earn a place in the Guinness Book of Records.
The winner will also receive a "Golden Fig Leaf" trophy plus 10,000 pounds ($18,630) in cash.
"This will be the most fun you can have with your clothes on or off!" Paddy Power said in a statement for the tournament, which will be held in London on August 19.


* I think I'd like to get in that tournament. I love to play poker and if I had to do much stripping down I'd scare/distract the competetion so badly I'd come back and win. Those Irish have some great ideas don't they?
** Ian it's held in London so you or LR should get in it and please send photos. He He!

1 Comments:

At 9:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure I could participate. Where would I hide my cards?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home