Thursday, July 27, 2006

Childhood Fun

I'm harking back to childhood. What were your favorite toys and activities of your youth?

My favorite toys were my Easy-Bake oven, it started my love of baking and food ;a Baton, I had visions of becoming a famous majorette; a giant Teddy Bear I got when I was two(it was bigger than me);Spirograph, where you made artsy circular shapes using different colored pens and cogged wheels; my weaving loom, I made tons of ugly little pot holders; Etch A Sketch, loved trying to draw things; my bicycle, I road the country backroads and all over town; my generic Barbie, my mom and aunt made little outfits for her; those suncatcher makers, you put little plastic beads in a metal framed piece then baked it in the oven until the beads melted and you had a fine stained art piece; my View-Master, your own personal slide show and those cool Kaleidoscopes.

My favorite activities were riding our horses, hiking around, playing in the creek, building forts in the hay mow, snowmobiling, riding dirt bikes, shooting hoops, reading books, writing short stories, collecting rocks, swimming in the pond, late night games with my brothers or the neighbor kids of hide n seek, tag, statues, Red Rover, boardgames, helping my mom bake goodies, going to 4-H meetings and watching American Bandstand on Saturday mornings (I thought I was a good singer and dancer).

1 Comments:

At 9:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So many toys, so little time. I actually liked reading a lot. This helped especially when I got in a fight with one of the neighborhood kids and I stayed inside. I liked riding my bike, but it didn't like me; examine my broken nose, teeth, scars galore. Another fun thing the neighborhood did was hide-and-seek. To make it challenging, we had "courses". The most difficult course was traversing the front yards of at least 20 houses, in plain view of the "base" and not getting caught.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home