Saturday, May 13, 2006

Road Trip

On the road again, just can't wait to get on the road again....sing it Willie!
I'm taking a little road trip this weekend. Going to visit an old friend I haven't seen in a long time and meet up with my children for a Mothers Day celebration. I'm looking forward to catching up, having some laughs and sharing some nice meals.
With gas prices so high I haven't been driving much lately, just sticking close to home. I need to go gas up, check the tires and oil and wash the car before I head out. I wish the weather was nicer, it's cool, damp and windy. I'll stick in some of my old tapes and sing along as I cruize the highways and check out the scenery.
Be safe out there and remember to buckle up. Have a great weekend people.

3 Comments:

At 4:47 PM , Blogger Cadley Dad said...

Hi Annie,
gas (petrol to us Brits) is just about £5 per gallon, what's it cost you?

I bet it#s a lot less than that.

George Bush can't be all bad!

 
At 6:17 PM , Blogger Annie said...

Yesterday I paid $2.78 per gallon. It had gone down in price a couple cents.
I know lots of other countries pay a lot more than the US,but it still sucks.
I'm not sure what the exchange rate is between the US dollar and the British Pound. So I can't compare the costs.

 
At 4:55 AM , Blogger Cadley Dad said...

Hi Annie,
roughly speaking we are paying $7.50 per gallon!

Whereas you are paying approx £1.75 compared to our £5.

You don't realise how lucky you are!

Mind you my car will do about 35 miles to the gallon, how does that compare with yours?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home