Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Location

When you tell people where you are from what three things do you think come to their minds?

When I tell people I'm from Iowa I think they automatically think ; farmers, corn and hogs.
Some folks always confuse Iowa with Idaho and say potatoes. That kills me!
Also,the notion that Iowa is flat is a misnomer. Iowa has a wide variety of landscapes, from long stretches of seemingly flat fields, to rolling green hills, to rocky cliffs along the rivers to wooded areas thick with wildlife.

1 Comments:

At 5:18 PM , Blogger Cadley Dad said...

Hi Annie,
where I live in Lancashire,
it's traditionally an Industrial revolution type area, Charles Dickens based Hard Times around this area.
Slave labour, poor conditions, etc.
The largest building (similar in size to the mill in my icon) is a work house - where poor people and there families would work to avoid starvation.

So people think of the North of England as a smoke ridden, industrial, poor area.

In reality it's probably very similar to Idaho (only joking), Iowa, although we have the 3rd and 4th biggest cities in the uk in our area, we also have within a 15 minute drive open countryside, lakes, hills, etc.

Over the summer I'll blog some pictures.

Rgds
Ian

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home