Thursday, April 06, 2006

It's Official

What is your official sign that Spring has arrived?

It's official! Spring is here. We can all let out a collective sigh. It was a long winter. I saw my first Robin, actually a pair, this morning. They were hopping around on the front lawn just outside my window this morning. The grass is greened up and things are sprouting thanks to all of the rain we've had lately. I could do with out the tornados and wind, but the rain was needed. Now the farmers will have moist fields to plant. I can hardly wait to see the tulips and daffodils in bloom.

2 Comments:

At 5:23 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Annie,
two signs for me, I went out in the car at the weekend WITHOUT a coat on, just in a shirt!

Also I've got frog spawn (is that the same in Iowa) in my small wildlife pond.

Rgds
Ian

 
At 5:25 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Annie,
I forgot to mention in the news over here it's been reported that an American Robin has been sighted in London, very rare sight. So all the birdwatchers have been heading down there. Your robins are much larger than ours.
Also our robins have been around for about three months and are very much winter birds over here.

Rgds
Ian

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home