Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Question/Survey Of The Day

Fill in the blank. What ever happened to ____________?

My original thought to this was what ever happened to Baby Jane. Remember that movie? I believe it starred Bette Davis. I remember me and my oldest brother huddled together late one night watching this creepy flick when I was about 9 years old. We were both half scared to watch it.

My other thought is what ever happened to chivalry, manners and treating our fellow man with respect. People don't seem to care about anything any more.

2 Comments:

At 4:38 PM , Blogger Cadley Dad said...

Annie,
you're so right, I was always taught to open the door for a lady/woman/girl, ladies first, etc. etc. I've brought both my lads up the same.

But I have to say it's a two way street and it only takes a smile or a simple thank you. But nowadays half of the recipients are ignorant, especially the older ones!

Whenever I open a door and don't get acknowledged I just say 'thankyou' behind them.

I once read a quote 'It takes a Lady to enable a man to be a gentleman'.

It's the same with litter, people just don't care.

Oh well rant over!

Rgds
Ian

 
At 9:53 PM , Blogger Annie said...

Yes it is a two way street Ian. I was taught that thank you was always replied with a you are welcome. I think my biggest compliment about my children was when people noticed that my kids were polite. Thank you's always came naturally at our house,whether it was thanks for dinner, thanks for the ride or thanks for helping me. I love a man who opens doors, takes my arm and TREATS ME LIKE A LADY. It's a pleasure to thank them.
Rant over and out. lol

Annie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home