Sunday, August 26, 2007

Dog Days

Today is national Dog Day.
I've always liked dogs better than cats, though I have had a couple of cats.
Dogs seem friendlier and more companionable.
How many dogs have you had as pets?
I've had several along the way from childhood to adulthood.
The first dog I remember having was a Golden Lab name Goldie,
then there was Buster, Barfy, Spooky, Yondo, Frito, Lucky, Mistletoe and Duke.
I know there were more, some coon hounds but I cant remember their names.

Spooky was a Basset Hound that we had during my teenage years. She slept in my room and was my pal. My dad accidentally ran over her one day after I had left home.

Santa brought Mistletoe to my kids one Christmas. She was a Blue Heeler, but was ran over before she was a year old and died on our couch with me stroking her.

An ex boyfriend gave us Duke, who looked like Benji. He was the dog my children grew up with. He lived about 10 years before he ran off one day and was hit by a car. He was my little buddy and I still miss him.

One dog I remember well, was my grandparents Collie, Queenie who lived to 20.
She looked a lot like Lassie and was a fixture at Grandpa and Grandma's through out my childhood.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home