Sunday, February 04, 2007

Super Bowl Sunday

The most watched television day of the year, Super Bowl Sunday. A truely American tradition of gathering with friends and family, eating, drinking and rooting for your team. It brings to mind the Roman gladiator contests, where thousands would gather to watch a test of will and skill.
This will be the first time in many years I will miss this fun and exciting party. I have to work. Bah! With any luck I will make it home to see the final showdown of the last few minutes. I hope it is a good, close game, with lots of action and not a blow out.
I don't think I'll miss the half time show with Prince, as I've never been a big fan. I will miss laughing at the infamous Super Bowl commercials. This year several sponsors held contests, letting Average Joes make their own commercials and the winner's spots will appear on air.
I like the Colts, but I have a strange feeling this may be the Bear's year. We shall see what the score board tells us when the last seconds run out.
My score prediction: Colts 31 Bears 24

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home