Monday, December 18, 2006

Visit From The Folks

My parents, who live in Arkansas came for a visit this weekend. It was both a happy and sad occasion. They came back for my uncles funeral and for an early Christmas get together.
I hadn't seen my folks in about three years. Goodness me!

My dad has had some health issues over the last few years, but he seemed to be doing well. I swear my mother looks younger than ever. She is a stylish, petite little thing that takes good care of herself. Too bad I don't look much like her, except in the face. My body is more like my dad's, big and tall. We always look like the odd couple in family photos.

I had to work of course, but we got to spend a few hours together. My mom, who is a terriffic baker and cook brought a container of goodies for everyone. It sure brought back memories of our holidays spent together growing up. Inside were, Amish sugar cookies, snicker doodles, dream bars, fudge with walnuts, cranberry cheese cake bars, chocolate chip cookies and more.
All I can say is Yum! Just to verify how good of a baker my mom is she told us that she had won the cookie bakeoff/exchange prize at her local ladies group party. You should taste her pies too.

It was so nice to see them both. Have a safe trip back home.

2 Comments:

At 1:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you've done some cool stuff here! I'm impressed!

 
At 5:25 PM , Blogger Annie said...

Aww thanks Cindy. It's a creative outlet for me. I like messing around, drawing, telling stories and trivia bits. Thanks for having a look and leaving a comment. I don't get many.
K

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home