Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Farewell Funeral Songs

Research for the Bereavement Register found just over a half (51 percent) of people ask for a specific song be played at their funeral and 79 percent have talked with family and friends about possible song choices. "Everyone has a favorite song that means something very special to them, often connected to a particular time and place. When the song is played this can be a very emotive reminder of that person," he said in a statement.


Others in the top 20 included "Knocking On Heaven's Door" by Bob Dylan and, perhaps unexpectedly, Fame's "I Want To Live Forever." The top 10 requested songs were:
1 - "Goodbye My Lover" - James Blunt 2 - "Angels" - Robbie Williams 3 - "I've Had The Time Of My Life" - Jennifer Warnes and Bill Medley.
4 - "Wind Beneath My Wings" - Bette Midler 5 - "Pie Jesu" - Requiem 6 - "Candle In The Wind" - Elton John 7 - "With Or Without You" - U2 8 - "Tears In Heaven" - Eric Clapton 9 - "Every Breath You Take - The Police 10 -"Unchained Melody" - Righteous Brothers.



My choice is I Will Remeber You by Sarah Mclachlan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home