Friday, September 08, 2006

Life Expectancy

As sand through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives.....

How long do you expect to live?If you're a woman, you'll probably accurately estimate your life expectancy in line with national averages. But if you're a man, you're likely to give yourself a few extra years.That's what the department of sociology at Ohio State University found when surveying 2,037 people and comparing their estimates with life expectancy tables. As reported in the journal Social Science in Medicine, women were generally accurate but men tended to be optimists, and anticipated three years more than the statistics indicated. African-Americans expected to live six years longer than the tables predicted.


Some where along the line I got the idea in my head that I would only live to the age of 52, if so, that leaves me 6 years to live it up. More likely I'll be 90 years old, grumpy as hell, surrounded by 10 cats and my daily thrill will be peeking out the windows watching the neighbors and talking back to my TV.
Hopefully I'll keep my wicked sense of humor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home