Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Coffee Tea & Me

Coffee, Tea? Let's See
Here's one for all you tea and coffee drinkers who're always arguing about which is best.
Turns out, you're both right.
According to a report published in the European Journal of Epidemiology, researchers at the National Defense Medical College in Tokorozawa, Japan, studied the effects of coffee and tea drinking. They found that coffee, but not tea, lowered blood pressure in regular drinkers.
But before you coffee-drinkers collect on that bet, here's the word on tea from the American Journal of Epidemiology.
That journal published a study from Harvard Medical School that shows that tea, but not coffee, reduces the risk of heart attacks.


I drink both coffee and tea. I drink coffee everyday, usually about three cups. I drink hot tea in the winter and iced tea in the summer. Hopefully this will be a good balance, but with all of my other nutritional faults I doubt it has too big of a impact.

1 Comments:

At 5:48 AM , Blogger Cadley Dad said...

Hi Annie,
as you know we Brits drink more tea than coffee, although its catching up.

I don't know if it's the same in Iowa but we have a kind of social hirearchy in the workplace over who's turn it is 'to brew up', it's like a competition in offices to get a brew without making it yourself. Brew is the Lancashire term for a mug of tea!

I work alone all day at home and try and avoiding making a brew, but I give in eventually!

Ian

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home