Wednesday, April 26, 2006

As Time Goes By

I'm one of those people who like to hark back and look at what happened to me in the past. Was I happy, in turmoil, comfortable, learning important lessons, working hard, out of the loop or playing roles in this soap opera called life?
Through my life experiences I have realized what is important and what I should let go of and what I should hang on to. But, knowing and doing are different things. We all have our victories and our defeats. It's what we learn from them and how we go on that's the key.
What would you say are the most important life-altering events that have happened to you thus far? For me, I'd say, the whole High School years, getting married, having children, owning my businesses, divorce and single parenthood and the death of my eldest brother have had the most impact on my psyche.What about you?

1 Comments:

At 4:32 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can point to several times and/or events in my life that altered my life. As with Annie, they're getting married, career advancement, etc. But the event that most changed me was getting laid off from what I thought was my dream job. Not only devastating to me financially, but it caused me to re-evaluate virtually everything in my life, a process that is still continuing to this day four years later. So many hard decisions, so many things I gave up. But those things I gave up aren't necessarily a bad thing, looking back now. They've shaped me, forced me to reorder my priorities in life, and made me a better person (I think, lol.)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home